Imagine emerging from the woods along a worn trail that leads to a series of natural hot springs. Or arriving in the hush of snow at a secluded yurt bathed in ethereal moonlight.
You’re surrounded by other beautiful soul sisters who are connected, vulnerable and compassionate….who despite differences, are united across ages and stages, backgrounds and disciplines. These are Wild Women Tribe’s signature WANDER excursions — half-day mindful, outdoor adventures that reconnect women with themselves, and each other in a series of experiences that stretch body, mind and spirit.
“My sincere gratitude for today! It’s been such a positive interaction with a powerful group of women. Loved the mix of physical activity, outdoor adventure and mind mapping discussion about personal power. Thank you for creating this event and bringing us all together.”
Part girls’ trip. Part inner journey. Part wilderness adventure. All soul…
In these half day excursions, you will:
- Meet other like-minded women seeking to deepen their understanding of their unique purpose and life journey
- Experience wilderness adventure in your own backyard
- Expand your mind and outlook of the world through a guided discussion surrounding a central, universal paradigm, core belief or principal
- Get a surprise swag bag including goodies (value $100+) from local businesses like Indigo Highway, Sync Float Center, LIT Salon Park East, Kodiak Cakes, and NoBox
“Joy & play are securely ensconced in my daily practice & I find myself so much lighter. Thank you for the gift of the WANDER that evoked childlike play & the joy of laughter.”
-Tomoko S. (Park City, UT)
“Inspiring day! So lucky to be included in such a deep and beautiful group of women. Look forward to the next adventure!
-Sarah B. (Park City, UT)
May 21, 2023 :: New Moon Spirit Animal Activation <<NEW WANDER: $155 PER PERSON. ROOM FOR 16 WOMEN!>>
REGISTER | FAQS | PAY | WAIVER
Mindful hike + gentle yoga flows + brunch + dreamcatcher “creation” workshop + drum circle
Birth new insights into existence through the depths of the New Moon, as we connect with the playfulness and raw springtime energy of our spirit animal totems and create our very own sacred dreamcatchers in a day of outdoor exploration and inward renewal guided by sound.
Our WANDER begins on the urban trails in Salt Lake City as we connect with the animal spirits alive within us and harness the rawness of our emotional scapes. We ground back to Mother Nature and reconnect to our purpose and creator self within, aided by on-trail visualization meditations and release exercises. Following the outdoor portion, we return to The Creatrix for a yoga flow class with Co-Owner Dawn Cannon, a trauma-informed yoga teacher with a 500-RYT certification.
After a nourishing brunch, drum and sound tool maker and Creatrix Co-Owner Cherie Waters Burton leads our workshop in building sacred dreamcatchers, decorating them individually to represent the animal spirit that chose us. Cherie will also lead a drum circle to bring the essence of our animal totems into vibrant reality and use sound as a tool to fully embody and embed our intentions into our dreamcatcher creations.
In the Native American tradition, dreamcatchers are protective talisman that use symbolic hoop and web form to create a net that captures the bad dreams and allows the passage of good dreams through the center of the circle. The Ojibwe people believed that the night air is full of dreams – both good and bad. All the materials used to decorate the dreamcatcher carry significance: a single bead represents the spider on the web which sprung the original concept of the dreamcatcher; multiple beads scattered throughout symbolize the good dreams that have been caught throughout the night; hanging feathers represent breath or air. As we call in the animal spirit totems that choose us, Cherie will lead a drum circle with handmade drums – the vibrations of drumming stimulate healing in the body by reducing stress and anxiety, lowering anger and blood pressure, improving circulation and blood flow.
Through powerful experiences connecting us to nature, movement, and sound, you’ll gain new tools and perspectives to birth new ideas and creations within your lives regularly with the support of your spirit animal totems.
<<$155 per person. Includes guided mindful hike, gentle yoga flow, light brunch, dreamcatcher & drumming workshop (you take home your own dreamcatcher creation)….in addition to swag! Open for 16 participants — first come, first served. This excursion starts at 9:30 am and concludes at 2:30 pm.>>
June 17, 2023 :: Accessing inner flow <<ENCORE WANDER: $185 PER PERSON. ROOM FOR 16 WOMEN!>>
REGISTER | FAQS | PAY | WAIVER
Mindful hike + outdoor yoga flows + brunch + intro to fly fishing & casting on the Provo River
Explore your relationship with “flow” along the Provo River as we learn fly fishing casting techniques and spend some time in the river fly fishing while utilizing the principles of mindfulness and flow state.
Our WANDER begins with an outdoor yoga and mindfulness session with Nikki McGee, who has instructed rock climbing, guides fly fishing in Park City, and teaches yoga and fitness classes. Nikki is also the founder and director of a therapeutic adventure nonprofit, Elevated Mountain Guides, and one of 18 clinical first responders to hold that certification.
Fly fishing requires us to stretch and reach while casting, as well as to lean against moving water, and to shift and navigate around brush and boulders. Casting and fly fishing also depend upon internal focus and quieting of the busy “monkey mind”, essentially accessing the flow state within us, resulting in a relaxed state that leads to heightened awareness.
Following a light lunch and guided discussion on the role of “flow” in our lives, we take a mindful wander to the Provo River for a walk-about as we become self aware of what flowing water provides us. With awakened minds, we practice basic fly-casts to learn the application of the fly-fishing skill on the moving river water. We’ll each have a turn casting in the river and experiencing the flow we’re welcoming in!
**No prior fly fishing experience needed — this is a beginner intro to the sport that gives us a taste of the basic fundamental skills needed! You will need to purchase your own DWR fishing license for the day and rent waders.
<<$185 per person. Includes guided mindful hike, yoga class, fly casting and fishing workshop, fly rods, and light lunch….in addition to swag! Open for 10 participants — first come, first served. This excursion starts at 9 am and concludes at 3 pm.>>
REGISTER | FAQS | PAY | WAIVER
“This experience has been wonderful. I really enjoyed getting outside and being active with an awesome group of women. The workshop and brunch after was inspiring and energizing. I feel mentally and physically recharged.”
-Leslie C. (Park City, UT)
“This experience was top notch. The hike was beautiful, supportive and mindful. The yoga was a great way to end the hike but continue the creativity flow. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was acceptance, gratitude, love, support and friendship. I will be attending another event for sure!”
SIGN UP FOR THE WANDER TODAY:
$185 :: Room for 16 wanderers (per date) – first come, first served.
<<Sign up for the newsletter to find out first when WANDERS open>>
<<Book a private WANDER for your own tribe>>
<<Read the cancellation policy>>
Utah Office of Tourism 30 Women to Watch KPCW Radio
- Cycles: Sometimes life feels like it’s on spin cycle. How do we create a sense of forward momentum and positive action that propels us forward?
- Intentions: Unleash the power of your mind and setting your sights on dreams and goals. How we can strengthen ourselves through motivation and learn tools to keep our intentions on track.
- Personal Power: What you see isn’t always what you get. Build your core, lay the foundation of healthy approaches to your spiritual, physical and mental health, and know that true beauty begins from strong roots within.
- Judgement: What is judgement a cloak for? How does judgement limit our growth and learning how to release it can transform our relationships.
- Creation: How do we step into our creator selves and harness the energy, vitality and verve that can propel us forward to fulfill our dreams?
- Vulnerability: Being perceived as “weak” is a detractor for many of us. How being true, real and authentic can actually improve relationships in many realms of our lives.
- Self worth: How can paying attention to and managing our self perception set us up for success? How do we each manage our self worth and how can our view of ourselves impact our relationships.
- Community: Being part of a collective feeds our soul. How do we form connections and curate community? Delve into the meaning we find from belonging to a collective whole.
- Boundaries: Sometimes saying ‘no’ can be a step closer to saying ‘yes.’ How healthy boundaries can set standards for expectations and frame interactions towards a positive outcome.